This Conceptual Fine Art Portrait workshop is three hours long and run by award winning Digital Artist and PhotographerJulie Powell and Photographer Desley Pitcher. We will be joined on the day by two wonderful Models; Jess Ami and Meellissa Jade, both are exceptional for working with this kind of shoot, Hair and Make-Up by Glam to Perfection by Micaela. While this workshop is aimed at Beginners through to Intermediate, advanced photographers are more than welcome.
This Workshop will cover the basics in lighting, staging, camera settings and best practices for Conceptual Portraits with topics discussed:
- Finding Inspiration and working with models
- Artificial Lighting for mood and effect
- Staging and techniques
- Photoshop editing tips and instruction, as well as access to online resources not available to the public.
- Creating your own stock photos, textures and overlays
Requirements: As this workshop is aimed at beginners, most shots can be accomplished with a point and shoot camera, however for Best Results we recommend a DSLR,
- DSLR camera or Mirrorless camera, (Or point and shoot) also, bringing your manual is a good idea if you aren't overly familiar with your camera.
- a 35 or 50mm Prime lens or 24-70mm is suitable (18-55mm, or 16-85mm etc). Obviously if you cannot change lenses, then we can work with what you have.
- remote shutter release (wireless or cabled) - handy but not essential
- spare battery
- SD Cards.
- A basic understanding of Photoshop is required to finalise images obtained during this workshop. Additional Video tutorials for basic Photoshop are available from Julie's YouTube channel, her Photoshop 101 course will give you a head start to learning your way around Photoshop. Please contact us for further details via firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a three hour workshop, located in Dandenong South and is limited to 12 people so that we offer a more personal touch.
Cost is $70.00 (plus booking fee). Includes both models and HMUA
If you have any questions at all, pop over to the Contact page and send us a message!